240g cooking apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 3-4 small dessert apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 340g porridge oats
- 2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 400g fortified soya yogurt
- Heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Tip all the apples into a small pan with 6 tbsp water, then cover and cook over medium heat for 6 mins, stirring halfway through, until the apples are just cooked. The cooking apples should be pulpy, but the dessert apples will retain their shape.
- Tip the oats, cinnamon and vanilla into a bowl and add 3 tbsp of the apple mixture, the oil and 100g of the yogurt. Mix everything together well using your hands, until the mixture has formed into chunky clusters similar to granola. Spread the clusters out over a large baking sheet lined with baking parchment, and bake for 10 mins. Shake the tray to turn the clusters over and bake for 10 mins more until firm. Leave to cool for 5 mins so the clusters can firm up slightly more.
- Meanwhile, spoon the remaining yogurt into a small, shallow ovenproof dish, then spoon the rest of the apples on top. Scatter over the oat clusters, and bake for 10 mins until the topping is firm and golden and the apple mixture has warmed through.
Here’s another kid-friendly recipe you might like: Pasta Salad
This nutritious pasta salad recipe is full of delicious vegetables! This month, make this easy and delicious supper with your family.