- 225g self-raising flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp melted butter, plus extra for frying
- 175ml milk
- 75g baby spinach leaves, chopped bananas, kiwi, blueberries and maple syrup, to serve (optional)
- Put the flour, baking powder, sugar, eggs, butter, milk, and spinach in a blender and whizz until smooth and bright green.
- Melt a little butter in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat and spoon in small dollops of batter (you can cook two or three pancakes at a time). Cook for 2 mins until the edges are set and bubbles rise to the surface, then flip and cook for 1-2 mins more. Keep warm in a low oven while you cook the remaining pancakes.
- Decorate the pancakes with googly fruit eyes (slices of banana and kiwi with blueberry pupils work well) and pointy banana teeth to serve. Serve with maple syrup, if you like.
Here’s another kid-friendly recipe you might like: Fruit Skewers with Yoghurt
These yummy skewers are great for eating fruit in an interesting way!