- 1 banana
- Natural yogurt
- Maple syrup
- If your chopping board doesn’t have anti-slip grips, lay a dampened tea towel or sheet of kitchen paper on the work surface, then place the board on top to stop it from slipping.
- Peel the banana – for little fingers, this is easiest to do from the bottom – then, holding the knife securely and with your hand in the claw position, slice the banana. You should get about 12 rounds.
- Remove the stalks from the strawberries. You can do this by cutting them off with the knife or pushing a straw up through the strawberry and into the stalk.
- With your hands in the bridge position, slice the strawberries in half: hold each strawberry between your thumb and fingers, then carefully cut in half from the pointy end to the stalk end.
- Carefully push the banana slices, strawberry halves, grapes and blueberries onto the skewers in any order you like – you can make a pattern or do this randomly.
- For the dip, mix the yogurt and maple syrup together in a small bowl, then sprinkle over the cinnamon and serve with the fruit skewers.
Here’s another kid-friendly recipe you might like: Pasta Salad
This nutritious pasta salad recipe is full of delicious vegetables! This month, make this easy and delicious supper with your family.