Easter can be a holiday that is full of sugar and unhealthy food, so here are some great healthy alternatives that are still tasty and fun to make with your children!
Recipe 1: Healthy Easter Eggs
- Natural yoghurt
- Your child’s favourite fruit
- Mix the yoghurt and honey together – put this mixture in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Slice your fruit into egg-shaped cross sections.
- Spread the top of the fruit slices with the chilled yoghurt.
- Top with sprinkles.
Recipe 2: Healthy Home-Made Chocolate
- 100g coconut oil
- ½ cup raw cacao powder
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch of salt
- Melt the coconut oil in a saucepan on low heat, add cacao powder and stir well.
- Add maple syrup, vanilla and salt, stirring continuously for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into an Easter egg-shaped silicon chocolate mould, or a plastic or metal mould lined with baking paper.
- Place into freezer for half an hour to set.
- Remove from mould and enjoy!
Recipe 3: Boiled Egg Chicks
- Black sesame seeds
- Hard boil eggs.
- Peel eggs and slice in half.
- Cut small triangles from carrots to create the chick’s beak.
- Assemble the chick’s face on half-eggs by adding two sesame seeds as eyes, along with a carrot beak.
Here’s another kid-friendly recipe you might like: Pasta Salad
This nutritious pasta salad recipe is full of delicious vegetables! This month, make this easy and delicious supper with your family.