Makes 6 | Cooking Time: 25 mins | Waiting Time: 4 hr 30 mins | Difficulty: Easy
Summer is around the corner and days are now heating up. Wholesome and healthy, these Frozen Orange Pops are a great way to cool down the kids. These vitamin C-packed treats might just become a favourite, so it’s a good thing they are so easy to make!
- Six 120 ml popsicle moulds (if you can’t find any, try using deep ice cube trays and half a popsicle stick for each slot)
- 4 cups orange juice, pulp free
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 cup 0-percent Greek yoghurt
- 2 teaspoons orange zest (about 1 large orange)
- 1 ½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Mix honey and orange juice in a wide saucepan, simmering over medium heat. Whisk occasionally and cook for about 25 minutes, until reduced to about 2 cups (make sure to keep a close eye on the kiddies if they want to help stir!).
- Let the orange-honey mixture cool completely before placing all ingredients into a blender to puree until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the moulds or ice cube tray and let freeze until set. Either overnight or at least 4 hours in the freezer.
- When serving, pour a bit of warm water over the mould to help it come out and enjoy!
Here’s another kid-friendly recipe you might like: Pasta Salad