Using just some old jar lids and rubber bands, these mini lid banjos are easy to make and look great! These mini lid banjos won’t quite make the same sound as the real thing (which parents may prefer!) but these little instruments are perfect for starting a pretend band!
- Old jar lids
- Jumbo craft sticks – one per banjo
- Washi tape (for decoration)
- Rubber bands or Loom bands (if you want some coloured strings)
- Duct Tape
- Sequins or buttons
- Place four rubber bands around the middle of the lid, spacing evenly, and secure with a strip of duct tape on the top of the lid (so there is space beneath the strings like a real banjo).
- Cut one end of the jumbo craft stick so one end is curved and one end is flat.
- Decorate the stick with washi tape or other decorative tape/design, leaving the curved end of the stick free.
- Attach the flat side of the jumbo craft stick to the jar lid and use duct tape to attach.
- Finally, place four dots of glue onto the free space on the end of the jumbo craft stick. Now just stick on buttons or sequins to act as tuning knobs for the adorable mini lid banjos to be done!