This recipe has been trialled and rated 4.8 stars by many other mums who have also suggested that these fritters are perfect for breakfast, lunch dinner or as an afternoon or morning snack!
Serves 4 | Cooking Time: 10 mins | Difficulty: Easy
- 1 1/2 pounds zucchini, grated (about 3 cups)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Get a colander and place it in the sink, put zucchini, salt into the colander, and toss until combined. Let that sit for 10 minutes. Using a clean piece of paper towel or dish towel, drain zucchini completely.
- In a large bowl, combine zucchini, Parmesan, garlic flour and egg; add salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil or butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Scoop tablespoons of batter for each fritter and flatten. Cook until the underside is nicely golden brown. Flip and cook on the other side.
At Your local Early Learning Centre, we provide fresh, nutritious and creative meals delivered daily by Kids Gourmet Foods.
Here’s another kid-friendly recipe you might like: Easy Lentil Bolognese