This fuss-free salmon pasta salad is a perfect dinner option for your little one at the end of a long and busy day. The salmon is a healthier alternative to tuna, and a simple and delicious way for your child to get their protein.
Serves 2 | Cooking Time: 20 mins | Difficulty: Easy
- 1 cup of cooked wholemeal pasta
- 95g can of flaked salmon (in water)
- Small sprig of fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1-2 tsp of lemon juice
- 1 cup broccoli, steamed and chopped into small pieces
- 1tsp of olive oil
- 1 cup of washed, halved cherry tomatoes
- Combine the pasta, salmon, broccoli, cherry tomatoes and parsley in a bowl.
- Add the lemon juice and olive oil and toss to combine.
- Serve in a small bowl (the second serve can be refrigerated and put in a lunchbox!).
Tip: If your child doesn’t like broccoli, substitute with any vegetables they like (such as green beans, baby spinach, peas or corn).
At Your local Early Learning Centre, we provide fresh, nutritious and creative meals delivered daily by Kids Gourmet Foods.
Here’s another kid-friendly recipe you might like: Creamy Mushroom Pasta