Loaded with mushrooms and yummy flavours, this creamy pasta recipe is quick, easy, and so tasty your child will want seconds!
Serves 3 | Cooking Time: 30 mins | Difficulty: Easy
- ½ pack of fettuccini
- 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 200g chopped swiss brown mushrooms
- 300ml thickened cream
- 1 ½ cups grated parmesan cheese
- 2 small cloves garlic
- 1 leek
- Handful of fresh continental parsley
- Around 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Salt and pepper
- Cook fettuccini until al dente, drain and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium to high heat.
- Add leek and mushrooms, and stir until leek softens a little.
- Add garlic, salt and pepper, and stir.
- Reduce heat to low, pour in the cream, and stir.
- Add parmesan and continue to stir until the mixture begins to thicken.
- Add lemon zest and parsley, and if needed, add a little more salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir through cooked fettuccini and serve with extra parmesan on top! To make it healthier, serve with a simple salad.
At Your local Early Learning Centre, we provide fresh, nutritious and creative meals delivered daily by Kids Gourmet Foods.
Here’s another kid-friendly recipe you might like: Vegetarian Chilli Con Carne