Your local Early Learning Centre shares this month’s recipe of the month… Rainbow Fruit Skewers!
Skip the ice cream and beat the heat with this quick and easy rainbow fruit skewer recipe!
Serves 4 | Time: 5 mins | Difficulty: Easy
- Various Cookie Cutters
- Melon Ballers
- Wooden Skewers
- Yoghurt of choice (for dipping)
- Red – Watermelon/Strawberry/Raspberry
- Orange – Papaya/Mandarin Orange/Melon
- Yellow – Pineapple/Banana/Mango/Peach
- Green – Kiwi/Grapes/Honeydew
- Blue – Blueberry
- Purple – Grapes/Blackberry
- Prepare all fruits by cutting out shapes with various cookie cutters. Smaller fruits can be used as is.
- Alternatively, use a melon baller to scoop out mini spheres. This can be used on larger fruits. Children might require assistance with larger fruits like watermelon or pineapple. Don’t let the scraps go to waste, snack along while preparing the skewers.
- Arrange prepared fruits onto wooden skewers according to the colours of the rainbow. (Perfect opportunity to teach about colours).
- Pour our yoghurt of choice into a serving bowl for dipping. Get creative by mixing in sprinkles, chocolate chips, or jam.
Just like that, a platter full of rainbow fruit skewers is done in no time. Now time to embrace the summer, good family times, and nutritious living.
At Your local Early Learning Centre, we provide fresh, nutritious and creative meals delivered daily by Kids Gourmet Foods.
Here’s another kid-friendly recipe you might like: Hidden Veggie Lasagne