Your local Early Learning Centre shares this month’s recipe of the month… hidden veggie lasagne.
Trying to get your child to eat and enjoy veggies is an endless struggle for most parents. At your local Early Learning Centre, we are always on the lookout for fun, veggie-packed recipes for our families. This month, our Hidden Veggie Lasagne is an easy recipe to sneak in veggies for those picky eaters. When you sneak vegetables in with bolder flavours, your child will be surprised at how delicious vegetables can be!
Serves 4 | Cooking Time: 40 mins | Difficulty: Easy
- 1 brown onion (diced)
- 2 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 2 carrots (diced)
- 500g mince of your choice (turkey is a leaner option; beef is high in iron)
- 1 package of instant lasagne sheets
- 1 can of tomato purée
- 1 bag of spinach
- 200g of mushrooms (sliced)
- ½ head of cauliflower (chopped & cooked)
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 2 cups of milk
- 2 cups of grated cheese
- Sauté the onions, garlic and carrots until soft.
- Add in minced meat and cook until visually brown.
- Blend tomato purée, spinach, mushroom, cauliflower together in blender.
- Combine mixed purée with the mince.
- To make Bechamel sauce, heat up oil in saucepan, cook the flour until well combined. Slowly add in the milk and stir continuously. Stir cheese in until fully melted.
- Alternately layer Bolognese sauce, lasagne sheet, Bechamel sauce, ending with a top layer of cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes in the oven at 180°C until golden brown.
At your local Early Learning Centre, we provide fresh, nutritious and creative meals delivered daily by Kids Gourmet Foods.