Your local Early Learning Centre shares this month’s activity of the month… DIY Wind Chimes!
There are endless possibilities with this fun, creative DIY activity! Not only is this DIY activity simple to create, but it also helps children to understand the importance of recycling and understanding the world around them. Explore different sounds, colours, and shapes by using a mix of objects around the house or garden.
For this activity, you will need:
- 1 stick
- A hole puncher
- Old keys / shells / beads / CDs
- Find a sturdy stick from your garden or local park.
- Paint your stick and your choice of ‘chimes’.
- Tie all your chimes with a piece of string then tie it to the stick. Be sure to use your creativity and mix up different objects to create cool sounds!
- That’s it! Your very own wind chime is done and can be hung at your front porch.
Here’s another kid DIY activity you might like: Potato Stamps
Want your child to be more involved?
Arts & crafts is a daily activity at our Early Learning Centres in Cannon Hill, Cleveland, Daisy Hill, Doolandella and Underwood. We provide high-quality child care and early childhood education to help support your child’s learning and development. Please feel free to contact us today to enquire or to enrol your child.