Serves 2 | Cooking Time: 5 mins | Difficulty: Easy
These little pancakes are full of goodness and taste delicious! Oats and eggs for protein and sustained energy, banana and blueberries give a boost in your fruit intake and provide essential vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and fibre.
Better yet they’re so simple, just chuck all the ingredients in the blender and cook as normal.
- 1 egg
- 1 medium banana
- 1/3 cup of rolled oats
- 1 handful of blueberries (frozen berries work great)
- Small amount of olive oil (spray also works well)
- Place all ingredients in a blender or small food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Heat a non-stick pan to medium heat and add a little olive oil (spray or oil)
- Pour small amounts into the pan, about pikelet size, don’t make them too big or they can be hard to flip (they are a little more delicate than a normal pancake).
- Cook for 1-2 minutes until bubbles appear. Gently flip and cook for another minute.
- Serve with some extra cut up fruit such as strawberries and a drizzle of 100% maple syrup or Greek yoghurt.
Tip: why not swap blueberries for raspberries for pink pancakes! You can also replace the oats with almond meal or coconut flour to make them gluten-free if needed.
Here’s another kid-friendly recipe you might like: Festive Puff Pizzas