Make these beautiful sand look-alike jars using coloured salt! You only need recycled jars, salt and some food colouring! Kids will love doing this activity too!
- Table salt
- Food colouring
- Recycled jars
- Resealable bag
- Start by cleaning out your recycled jars and removing any labels. You can soak the labels in soap water and they should come off.
- Pour 1 cup of salt into a resealable bag.
- Add a little bit of food colouring to start. We started with a few drops of concentrated food colouring. Seal and shake the bag to distribute the colour. Don’t add too much colouring or it will make the salt too wet and clumpy.
- Keep shaking the bags until all of your salt is collared.
- Now you are ready to start creating your jars! Using a funnel and small spoons or measuring spoons, have kids add different colours into the jars. You can layer any colour combinations you’d like or make a rainbow version!
Want your child to be more involved?
Arts & crafts is a daily activity at our Early Learning Centres in Cannon Hill, Cleveland, Daisy Hill, Doolandella and Underwood. We provide high-quality child care and early childhood education to help support your child’s learning and development. Please feel free to contact us today to enquire or to enrol your child.