Serves 12 | Prep Time: 30 minutes | Difficulty: Easy
For a vegetarian alternative, switch out the ham for sweetcorn.
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp smoked paprika (optional)
- Pinch of salt
- 200ml milk
- 100g butter (melted)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 200g ham (diced and extra for toppings)
- 4 spring onions (sliced)
- 150g cheese (grated)
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C and line a muffin tray with muffin cases
- In one bowl, mix the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, paprika (optional), and salt)
- In a separate bowl, mix the wet ingredients (milk, melted butter, eggs, and vinegar). Add this to dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Fold ham, spring onion and most of the cheese into the mixture (make sure to leave enough for toppings)
- Divide the batter into the muffin cases and then top with the rest of the cheese and ham.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden and risen.
Here’s another kid-friendly recipe you might like: Pasta Salad