Your Local Early Learning Centre shares this month’s activity of the month… Washable Chalk Paint!
Let your child’s creativity run wild with fun chalk paint that can be easily washed away later. With this fun and easy art and craft, let your child have the most fun with minimal cleanup – just let the rain do the work. Explore colours, shapes, letters and patterns with this engaging and entertaining DIY activity.
For this activity, you will need:
- Baking Soda
- Food Colouring
- Corn Starch
- Paint Trays / Squeeze Bottles
- In a large mixing bowl, mixed equal amounts of baking soda and corn starch until they’re completely combined.
- Adding three tablespoons of warm water each time, stir the mixture until it becomes a poster paint consistency.
- Using either the paint trays or the squeeze bottles, divide the mixture into equal parts.
- Add a different colour of food colouring to each tray or squeeze bottle. Make them as different and as bright as possible!
- Head outside to paint and have fun creating!
Here’s another kid DIY activity you might like: Wind Chime
Want your child to be more involved?
Arts & crafts is a daily activity at our Early Learning Centres in Cannon Hill, Cleveland, Daisy Hill, Doolandella and Underwood. We provide high-quality child care and early childhood education to help support your child’s learning and development. Please feel free to contact us today to enquire or to enrol your child.