Your Local Early Learning Centre shares this month’s recipe of the month… Chicken Rice Paper Rolls!
At your local Early Learning Centre, we are always on the lookout for easy, healthy meals to make. Rice paper rolls are a simple meal to make for the whole family, even those picky eaters! Whilst we have listed some of our favourite ingredients, you can substitute any ingredients to suit your family.
Serves 4 | Preparation Time: 10 mins | Cooking Time: 3 mins | Difficulty: Easy
- 50g rice vermicelli noodles
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- ¼ lettuce, shredded
- ½ cooked roast chicken, shredded
- Put the noodles in a pan of water and bring to the boil, simmer for 3 mins, then cool under running water. Drain thoroughly.
- Prepare cold ingredients.
- Soak 2 of the rice paper wraps in cold water for 1-2 mins until floppy.
- Lift 1 sheet of rice paper out of the water, shake gently, then lay it carefully on a board.
- Place ingredients into the centre of the rice paper.
- Fold the bottom half of the rice paper over, then fold the sides in and tightly roll it up.
- Repeat steps 3 to 6 using the remaining wrappers.
- Serve the rolls with your choice of dipping sauce.
At Your local Early Learning Centre, we provide fresh, nutritious and creative meals delivered daily by Kids Gourmet Foods.
Here’s another kid-friendly recipe you might like: Garden Focaccia