Serves 24 | Cooking Time: 45 mins | Difficulty: Easy
- 1 bunch English spinach large stems trimmed
- 1 onion finely chopped large
- 3 sheets puff pastry partially thawed
- 1g egg lightly beaten
- 250g ricotta
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
- Wash leaves well and place in a large saucepan over medium heat, cook until leaves are shrivelled.
- Remove saucepan from heat, place spinach in a colander and drain, let cool slightly, then press firmly, removing any excess liquid. Move to a chopping board and chop finely.
- Chop onion and add onion to a heated, greased large frypan and stir until onion is soft.
- Add in chopped spinach and stir, cook until liquid has evaporated.
- Add ricotta. Continue stirring over heat until spinach and ricotta are combined
- Transfer the spinach mixture from the pan to a bowl, let cool slightly.
- Stir in parmesan and season with salt and pepper.
- Cut pastry sheets in half. Spoon ½ a cup of spinach mixture along one side of the pastry strip. Brush the other long edge of pastry strips with beaten egg. Roll the pastry so the filling is covered and form rolls.
- Place rolls on a baking tray seam-side down, brush tops with beaten egg, and if desired, sprinkle with a little extra parmesan cheese. Cut each roll diagonally into 4 pieces. Place rolls on a greased baking tray. Bake for 20-25 minutes in a 200C oven, until golden.
Here’s another kid-friendly recipe you might like: Festive Puff Pizzas