This taste, the five-star rated recipe is sure to get your children excited about eating vegetables! Your children will be begging for this healthy, filling, and easy to make dinner recipe every night!
Serves 4 | Cooking Time: 15 mins | Difficulty: Easy
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 red capsicum, finely chopped
- 1/2 x 50g pkt Coles Brand Mexican Seasoning
- 400g can red kidney beans
- 1/4 cup Coles Brand Italian Tomato Passata
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 small avocado, finely chopped
- 1 field tomato, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 baked potatoes, to serve
- Coriander sprigs, to serve
- Chilli sauce, to serve
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook brown onion and red capsicum, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add Mexican Seasoning. Cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add red kidney beans, Tomato Paste and water. Cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes or until hot.
- Preheat grill on high. Spoon the bean mixture over baked potatoes. Top with avocado, field tomato and shredded cheddar. Cook under grill for 2-3 minutes or until golden. Season with pepper. Top with coriander sprigs.
At Your local Early Learning Centre, we provide fresh, nutritious and creative meals delivered daily by Kids Gourmet Foods.
Here’s another kid-friendly recipe you might like: Easy Lentil Bolognese