Try this delicious Stovetop Mac and Cheese recipe that’s quick and easy. This 30-minute meal will have your family raving and your kids coming back for seconds!
- ½ head of cauliflower
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 cup butternut pumpkin
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 cup full cream milk
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 2 cups shredded tasty cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- 2 cups uncooked macaroni
- 1 tsp smoked paprika (optional)
- 1 tbsp cornflour made into a paste with some water
- Roughly chop the cauliflower, carrot and pumpkin and place in a microwave safe jug, add the vegetable stock. Cover and cook in the microwave for 7 minutes until tender.
- In a food processor add the vegetable and stock mix and blitz until puréed.
- Transfer the purée mix to a saucepan. Bring to a simmer, add the milk, garlic and tasty cheese and mix until the cheese has melted. Once melted, take the cornflour paste and mix in to thicken.
- Once ready, take half the sauce mixture and set aside, and leave the other half of the sauce in the saucepan.
- Cook the macaroni as per directions on packet.
- Once the macaroni is cooked, drain and add into the sauce in the saucepan, also add the Parmesan cheese, cream cheese and smoked paprika
- Mix through, and you can serve as is, or you can choose to put in a serving dish and cover with a little more cheese and bake until the top is golden
- * The half of sauce that has been put aside, can be frozen and used to make another batch. Just defrost in the fridge the night before. Once defrosted, heat in a small saucepan on the stove, and simply add cooked pasta
Here’s another kid-friendly recipe you might like: Purple Pancakes