Who doesn’t love dinosaurs! These simple and fun DYI paper plate dinosaurs are made with ordinary, everyday household craft items and your children will love them.
For this activity, you will need:
- Paper plates, cut in half
- Paints, a palette, brushes and water
- Coloured paper or card
- Scissors (close adult supervision required)
- Glue stick
- Googly eyes (optional)
- Felt tip pen
- Lay out some newspapers on a table and paint your half paper plate with your choice of colour, allow to dry.
- Meanwhile, cut the coloured paper or card into shapes of feet, a neck and head, a tail, spikes, whatever you like! (your child will need close supervision for this).
- Once dry, turn over the paper plates and glue your coloured paper shapes to the desired positions to make the dinosaur’s feet, tail, spikes and head.
- Allow the glue to dry.
- Use a felt tip pen to draw on the mouth or any other details you wish to add.
- Glue on your googly eyes to the dinosaur’s face or use the felt tip pen to draw on the eyes instead.
- If you don’t have coloured paper or card, just paint some instead
- You can turn your plates to different positions and glue your shapes to different spots in order to create different types of dinosaurs!
Here’s another kid DIY activity you might like: Washable Chalk Paint
Want your child to be more involved?
Arts & crafts is a daily activity at our Early Learning Centres in Cannon Hill, Cleveland, Daisy Hill, Doolandella and Underwood. We provide high-quality child care and early childhood education to help support your child’s learning and development. Please feel free to contact us today to enquire or to enrol your child.