A fun craft that can also double as a puppet for playtime. Get creative and use different coloured paints to bring out different personalities in these playful creatures!
- Paper lunch bag
- 2 small paper plates
- Grey and flesh-toned paint
- Grey cardboard paper
- Googly eyes
- Mini marshmallows
- Tacky glue
- Cut off the sides of your 2 paper plates in the shape of a hippo’s face (2 parallel lines) and fold one of them in half. Paint the bottom of the unfolded plate grey.
- Paint the inside of the folded paper plate with your flesh-toned paint, and one-half of the bottom of the same paper plate grey. Let them dry completely.
- Paint the paper bag grey and let it dry completely.
- Cut two ears out of your grey cardboard paper.
- Carefully staple the hippo’s mouth onto the grey side of the other paper plate. Then staple the hippo’s face onto the bottom of the paper bag.
- Glue your ears, nose, and googly eyes onto your hippo.
- Finish your hippo by gluing teeth on the inside of the hippo’s mouth. Tah-dah! You should be looking for a friendly hippo to be the next star of your puppet shows!