Your local early learning centre shares an activity that is sure to keep your children busy while at home! We are sure they will be very excited to try these new crafts every day!
What you’ll need to make the Carts:
- Medium – Large-sized boxes (can be fruit boxes, packaging boxes)
- Round plastic plates
- Coloured tapes
- Smaller boxes
- Paint & Paintbrushes
- Stickers for decoration
- Craft glue
- Popcorn to compliment the movie
- The initial step of creating these fantastic cars is to paint and decorate the exterior of the medium- large-sized boxes.
- Once the paint has dried, it is time to add further decorations such as coloured tapes and stickers.
- The third step is to add the wheels to the carts. Gather four plates for each cart, which can also be painted for decorations. To secure the wheels, spread the craft glue across the plate, wait a few moments for it to get tacky, and place it onto each corner of the box. Wait a few minutes to let these dry before moving the cart.
- Once everyone is happy with their brand-new cars, they are ready to use!
- The last step is to grab some popcorn and enjoy the “Drive-in Cinema”
- To further enhance the magic of these boxcars, stick a plastic plate to the front of the cart to be used as a steering wheel!