These simple DIY egg carton ladybugs are perfect for a rainy day at home, or a fun activity for your little one to try with friends. And it’s a great way to use up old egg cartons!
For this activity, you will need:
- An egg carton
- Red and black paints (such as poster paints)
- Glue stick
- Red paper
- Black felt tip pen
- Googly eyes
- Scissors (adult supervision will be needed)
- Cut the cups out of your egg cartons, paint them red with a black circle/square on one side for the face, allow to dry.
- Cut your red paper into circles a little larger than the egg cups.
- Draw black dots on the circles with the felt tip pen, and cut in half to make two wings.
- Once your egg cups have dried, glue the wings to the top, spread apart and overlapping slightly so they look like they’re fluttering .
- Glue the google eyes to the face, allow to dry, and you have your little ladybugs!
- You could change colours, alter the wings, add little pipe cleaner antennae… whatever you like!
Here’s another kid DIY activity you might like: Paper Plate Dinosaurs
Want your child to be more involved?
Arts & crafts is a daily activity at our Early Learning Centres in Cannon Hill, Cleveland, Daisy Hill, Doolandella and Underwood. We provide high-quality child care and early childhood education to help support your child’s learning and development. Please feel free to contact us today to enquire or to enrol your child.