All you need is some black cards and coloured tissue paper, and your kids can create their very own rainbow stain glass window! This can be adapted to any shape your children can think up so let their imagination run wild.
- Black card
- Rainbow-coloured tissue paper
- Glue stick
- Washi tape
- Draw the shape of a rainbow on the black card. You can use any size you want, but we recommend an A4 sheet of black card for a moderate-sized rainbow.
- Using the scissors, carefully help your child to cut out the rainbow shape.
- Draw smaller windows along the inside edges of the rainbow following the arch. Fit as many as you can inside the cut-out shape, leaving a small gap between each one. Carefully cut these out, making sure not to snip the dividers between each window.
- Tear the coloured tissue paper into smaller pieces and apply the glue stick along the back of the black card. Try to use a different colour for each window to form a colourful rainbow!
- Allow drying before cutting a loop of ribbon and attaching it to the top of the rainbow to hang! Hang it in front of a window to allow the sun to shine through this beautiful creation.