Your Local Early Learning Centre shares this month’s activity of the month… Milk Bottle Piggybank!
As milk is a staple in almost every household, this Cow Milk Bottle Piggybank DIY is the perfect way to teach your children the value of reusing recycled items. Get creative and follow these simple steps to create your very own!
For this activity, you will need:
- Empty 2L or 3L Milk Bottle
- Cardstock Paper
- Paint & Paintbrushes
- Scissors & Pen Knife
- Pair of googly eyes
- Clean out your emptied milk bottle and let it dry.
- Paint your bottle in white, then use black paint to create cow spots.
- While waiting for paint to dry, cut out the cow’s ears with either white or black cardstock paper. Glue these onto the top of the milk bottle.
- Glue on your pair of googly eyes.
- Adult Supervision Required: Carefully cut out a coin slot using a pen knife.
Now that your DIY Cow Piggybank is complete, your children can write their names on it or even give the cow a name!
Here’s another kid DIY activity you might like: Potato Stamps