Hello to our wonderful Underwood Early Learning Centre families!
From The Office
Welcome to 2022! What a wild ride so far. First off I would like to let everyone know we as a centre are doing all we can each and every day to keep your children safe. We are following all the health advice given to us from the QLD health and metro south health unit. Below is a letter for your information
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FROM QUEENSLAND HEALTH
Dear parents, guardians, and staff, Metro South Public Health Unit has been notified that one or more people with COVID-19 have recently attended your child care centre.
To limit the spread of illness:
- Staff and families should monitor for symptoms of COVID-19 and seek testing if they develop symptoms
- Staff and children should not attend childcare if they have symptoms, but seek testing and isolate at home until well or for seven days after a positive COVID test
- If anyone in your household has COVID-19, you are a close contact and will need to quarantine at home for the same period as they are in isolation. Because respiratory illness is most likely to be COVID-19 at the present time, it is also advisable that if anyone in your household is isolating while awaiting COVID test results, children and staff should not attend childcare until the household member has had a negative result returned.
- Staff and families should ensure their COVID vaccinations are up to date Please see the following website for the definition of a case and close contact and their management.
- Close contacts – quarantine and testing requirements
- Isolation for people who are diagnosed with COVID-19
Please see the following websites for your nearest COVID testing centre:
Use the following website to find a location to be vaccinated:
Remain alert to the following symptoms of coronavirus infection:
- Fever (≥37.5°C) or history of fever (e.g. night sweats, chills)
- Sore throat
- Shortness of breath
- Aches and pains
- Runny or stuffy nose
- Loss of smell or taste
We ask all families to be patient with us as we work to cover staffing rosters. In regard to schools delaying the start date, we are not able to keep the children going to prep this year on our Kindergarten rolls after the 21/1/22. Parents that are essential workers will still be able to take their children to school on the 24/1/22.
Let’s hope this year calms down soon and we can get back to having fun learning and exploring each day with the children.