You can’t skip this activity on St. Patrick’s Day! Make these kid-friendly, creative, and fun end of rainbow swirls with your children. With this upcoming event, use them as decorations around the house, or in your children’s room. Your children are going to admire them!
- Paint (red, yellow, orange, green, blue, and purple)
- Paper plate
- Black and yellow paper
- Paint a thick, red striped line on a paper plate. Repeat with the order orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple.
- Allow the paint to dry.
- Flip over the paper plate and repeat the same process.
- Once dry, use scissors to cut the outside of the plate all the way to the middle.
- Trace a pot of gold on black paper using a pencil and cut out. Trace a few circles of different sizes on yellow paper and cut them out.
- Cut a short length of yellow paper that and glue it above the pot. Glue the yellow circles onto the pot.
- Using a pencil, poke a hole in the centre of the plate and tie a string to it.
Want your child to be more involved?
Arts & crafts is a daily activity at our Early Learning Centres in Cannon Hill, Cleveland, Daisy Hill, Doolandella and Underwood. We provide high-quality child care and early childhood education to help support your child’s learning and development. Please feel free to contact us today to enquire or to enrol your child.